CME and SAM Credits
CME Accreditatoin and Designation Statement
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint providership of the American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) and the Association of Pathology Informatics (API). The ASCP is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The ASCP designates this live activity for a maximum of 22.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The ASCP is also accredited by the American Board of Pathology to offer Self-Assessment Modules (SAMs) for the purpose of meeting the American Board of Pathology requirements for Maintenance of Certification. Registrants must take and pass the post-conference test in order to claim SAMs credit(s). The ASCP designates this live activity for a maximum of 20.75 (may be subject to change) SAMs credits.
- Present practical and emerging solutions for automated information and image management in pathology and the clinical laboratories.
- Describe how workflow in the clinical laboratories and pathology can be supported and enhanced by new software and hardware solutions.
- Understand the various software and hardware products available in the clinical laboratory and pathology market by interacting with a large number of exhibitors.
- Present new research in pathology informatics on the basis of submitted competitive scientific abstracts.
- Provide a forum for basic pathology informatics instruction for house officers and fellows in pathology training programs.
Instructions for obtaining CME OR MOC SAMs Credit
Pathology Informatics Summit 2017
Please refer to the instructions below for obtaining CME OR MOC SAMs Credit for the Pathology Informatics Summit.
You are only allowed to claim either CME or SAMs per session that you attend.
- To claim CME Credit: CME credits will be calculated based upon the days that you signed in at the meeting from Monday, May 22nd to Thursday, May 25th at the PI Summit registration desk. In order to ensure proper credit, you must have signed in at the registration desk for each day that you attended the meeting. CME certificates will not be issued until AFTER June 16, 2017 to allow for processing of SAMs credit. Please allow until Friday, July 7th to receive your CME certificate by email. Please contact Beth Gibson at email@example.com if you do not receive your certificate by July 7th.
- To claim SAM Credit: If you elect to claim SAMs Credit on some of your sessions, please e-mail Nilda Barrett at firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact information (mailing address, e-mail address, and ASCP ID number if applicable). Once received, a link to the SAMs post-test and instructions will be sent to you. SAMs Credit must be claimed on or before June 16, 2017.